i know you are sick of me posting pictures of liquid in jars, but this is the best and tastiest so i have also enclosed an approximate, informal recipe:
ACTIVE TIME: probably about 10-15 minutes. TOTAL TIME: a billion years. or like, 6 hours.
YIELD: 3 full quart-size jars
1 large hunk of fresh ginger (enough for three large handfuls)
9 cinnamon sticks
enough water to fill 3 quart-size mason jars (12 cups)
3 very small handfuls of yarrow (optional***)
3 quart-size mason jars
WHAT YOU DO
boil all the water. while you are boiling all the water, chop up the ginger. fill each mason jar with one big handful of ginger, a small handful of yarrow, and 3 cinnamon sticks. add honey as desired. (you can also add honey later if you prefer to do it to taste)
take water off heat. pour over herbs in each jar, filling the jar completely. seal jars, allow to steep for FOREVERRRR (at least 4 hours. i found the best results were around 6 hours. if you need it quickly, it may work in less time, but i have not experimented with it) then strain!
put in the fridge! drink cold when completely chilled.
also, it is delicious.
***: with yarrow it is most likely more effective, but i think it came out better without yarrow because it kind of dampened the cinnamon flavor. still delicious, though!
- feelyweirdy likes this
- electricinthelight reblogged this from katydidnot
- klibs likes this
- quarteredmoon likes this
- mappingthemoon likes this
- readingwritingandarithmetic likes this
- fenmura reblogged this from katydidnot and added:
- forcedinfodumps likes this
- electricinthelight likes this
- gooddaymonster likes this
- calamitymonster likes this
- saidtotheuniverse likes this
- fenmura likes this
- appleberryfusion likes this
- lakefruit likes this
- crocodilegena reblogged this from katydidnot and added:
- katydidnot posted this